COMP 697 Template for Mini-Proposal
Student Name ________________________________
Student ID # ________________________________
- Research Goal: Use one to two sentences to describe the objective.
- Short Abstract outlining WHAT will be done and the focus of the essay to be proposed.
- Rational for the Project: Use two to three sentences to say why the research is significant. (Justification of WHY it will be done -- novelty, relevance)
- Timelines: Write a concise paragraph that describes your planned development. This should include details of making hypothesis, obtaining references, comparison planned, experimental analysis planned if needed, etc.
- Anticipated Results: Write a short paragraph describing the likely positive and negative outcomes of your research.
- Possible Conclusions: Write a short paragraph describing the conclusions you could reach based upon the analysis you are proposing.
- Hardware and Software, Organization Support Needed: List the development environment, sponsors, research ethics approval if necessary, and tools you need to use and the materials you need.
- List of references: (Articles, books, Internet links)
Updated October 01 2015 by FST Technical Staff